Indoor rentals are available on regular instructional days from 5:30pm-9:30pm, as much as possible bookings will be from 5:30pm-7:30pm or 7:30pm-9:30pm. Indoor weekend rentals are generally between the hours of 8am-6pm, providing custodial coverage is available. Summer rentals are limited to weekdays (no evenings/weekends).
Indoor rentals are not available the first few weeks of the new school year and due to cleaning/maintenance requirements are not available Christmas break, March break, Professional Activity days, or statutory holidays.
Outdoor rentals are available May-September, weather permitting.
Spaces typically available for rent include; gymnasiums, auditoriums, secondary classrooms, cafeterias and sports fields. If you are interested in renting other spaces please call the Rental Office @ 519-627-0835 or 877-887-4025.
Schools facilities can be rented for a wide range of community based activities and programs that help to build strong and healthy communities such as; homework help programs, reading clubs, new parent classes, sports and recreation, health & wellness programs, Scout/Guide/Cadet club meetings, community theatre etc.
- School facilities shall not be used in any manner contrary to the Ministry of Education, Lambton Kent District School Board or St. Clair Catholic District School Board’s Rules and Regulations.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, games of chance, illegal activities, activities involving the discharge of weapons, use of fireworks, dry ice, fog/smoke machines or pyrotechnical devices are strictly prohibited on Board property.
- Schools are not available to private groups for personal activities, such as dances, receptions, birthday parties, Christmas parties, funerals, memorial services, weddings, baby showers or other privately sponsored activities.
- Schools may not be rented for any activities that may cause damage to board facilities such as, but not limited to: the use of gyms for lacrosse, cricket, roller skating, roller derby, baseball, football, tennis, golf, dodge ball, floor/ball hockey.
- Specialized rooms, such as; weight rooms, computer labs, food rooms, science labs and tech rooms, are not available for rent.
- Schools may not be used for sleeping accommodation except in unusual circumstances and contingent upon the necessary approvals. (i.e. CLASS Operations Committee and Chief Fire Official)
Priority of Use
The primary use of school facilities, building and grounds, is for the delivery of education to students. School day activities, extra-curricular activities and parent involvement activities organized or administered by the school/board have priority of use of space during and after regular school hours. Applications are NOT approved solely on a first-come, first-serve basis. When rentable spaces are not required, outside regular school hours, for school/board programs and rental groups desire the same time fame and the same location the following factors will be taken into consideration; the rental category and activity, potential for alternative venues, previous history of the rental group and long-term bookings versus single use bookings. As school boards, our primary goal is to, whenever possible, provide access to not-for-profit organizations running programs for local youth.