The purpose of Runsmart is to implement low-cost or no-cost energy saving measures to optimize a building’s energy use.
The incentive is as follows:
- For a gas consumption reduction of 5% to 10% of historical consumption, an incentive of $0.20/m³ is provided.
- If 10% savings is exceeded, then a reduction between 10% to 15% will receive a $0.05/m³ bonus.
- For demonstrated savings greater than 15%, a bonus of $0.10/m³ will be provided
The following Lambton Kent District School Board schools which met the criteria were selected by Union Gas to participate in the “Runsmart” Incentive Program; reports were submitted earlier this month.
- Hanna Memorial Public School, Sarnia
- Alexander McKenzie Secondary School, Sarnia
- East Lambton Elementary School, Watford
- AA Wright Public School, Wallaceburg
CLASS is pleased to have these facilities included in this energy-saving program.