MEMORANDUM Re: CONTINGENCY PLANS – SECONDARY SCHOOL EXAM SCHEDULE
Dates June 21-27, 2019
The St. Clair Catholic District School Board and the Lambton Kent District School Board have developed the following plan, which is to be followed in the event of disruptions to the examination schedule due to fog.
- In the event that severe fog causes a disruption to transportation in any of Zones 1 through 4; exams at all Sarnia-Lambton secondary schools will be delayed for two hours.
- In the event that severe fog causes a disruption to transportation in any of Zones 5 through 8; exams at all Chatham-Kent secondary schools will be delayed for two hours.
- eLearning exams are scheduled for Monday June 24, at 11:30 a.m. In the event of a bus cancellation exams for the impacted schools will be moved to the next day (i.e. Tuesday June 25 at 11:30 a.m.). eLearning exams at all others schools and for out-of-board students will run as scheduled. (For example, bus cancellations in the North will not impact eLearning exams for students in the South even if the course is being offered out of a school in the North.)
- In the event of fog, elementary buses in the affected zone(s) will be cancelled, per policy.
- In the event of fog, buses for secondary students in the affected zone(s) will be operated at a two-hour delay and exams will proceed with a two-hour delayed start time. If conditions do not improve the delayed secondary routes will be cancelled and exams cancelled for the day. A decision will be made and posted by 7:30 a.m. if buses are to be operated.
- All buses, elementary and secondary, will run at the end of the school day, as normal.
In the event of inclement weather, students and parents should listen to local radio stations for announcements regarding transportation and the exam schedule or visit www.schoolbusinfo.com